C34 And Electric Heads

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMERY

I'm considering replacing my failing manual Jabsco head with an Electric Macerating Head. Has anyone had any experience with these units and is aware of which brands / models will fit in a C34.
The primary issue appears to be the foot print of the head fitting on the small raised platform within the head. I would also be interested with others input regarding electric heads in general, especially the new macerating ones. Noise, water consumption, holding tank usage - better or worse, etc.

Thanks, Dave

captaingary

I would recommend Jabsco's new Quiet Flush model. I installed one this past summer and I am very happy with it. I had previously installed the Jabsco electric conversion that mounted in place of the hand pump but it was so noisy that I went back to manual. The Quiet Flush is very quiet and installation is a breeze.
Gary Schneider
Windmill #1231
Long Beach  CA

Ted Pounds

Dave,

I put a Lavac head from Defender in my boat.  I like it.  It's quiet and doesn't use much water.  A nice feature is the pump is seperate from the bowl so you have more flexability in mounting it.  Also since the intake goes through a vented loop you don't have to worry about opening and closing the intake thru-hull.  That makes it easier for guests to use.  I just open my thru-hull when I arrive at the boat and close it when I leave.

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

DEMERY

Gary and Ted,

Thanks for your prompt replies. Gary I have been considering a Jabsco Quiet Flush and have some additional questions. Did you mount the motor to the right and did that allow the waste hose to exit the rear of the unit? Did you need a 90 degrees tail peice for the waste hose? Are you using fresh or raw water for flushing. Has this head increased or decreased your holding tank usage over the manual head? Did the unit cover your existing holes and completly fit on the formed base in the C34 head? I need and appreciate any input I can get.

Thanks,

Dave
C34 - 988

captaingary

Dave,
I noticed you are in Long Beach. I am also so if you give me a call at 562-761-5842 we can meet and I can show you the installation.
Gary Schneider
Windmill #1231
Long Beach  CA

Mike Smith

Dave Emery -

Did you get answers to the questions you asked in your January 4, 2003 post?  I am considering  replacing my Jabsco electric with the Quiet Flush model and I have the same questions you did - especially fresh vs salt water use.

Mike Smith
S/V Breezer
www.mikejansmith.com

DEMERY

Mike,

I ended up going with the Raritan SeaEra raw water model. I had a Jabsco on order, but it had been in back order status for over a month so I went with the SeaEra. I have no regrets going with the Raritan model. I had been on the fence between the two from the begining.  I opted for the raw water model in order to conserve fresh water usage. I also ordered and installed the Raritan Flush Control switch which allows you to control the intake of water and the discharge of waste (similar to the Jabsco Quiet Flush). So far I'm very pleased with the SeaEra, reliable, quiet, ease of use, etc. When installing the unit I also replaced all my sanitation hoses with Sealand's Odorless Hose and installed vented loops in the intake and discharge lines. Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.

Thanks, Dave