Fresh Water Valve

Previous topic - Next topic

kss1220

Does anyone know where to get the valve that replaces the white plastic valve used on the 87'C34 to control the flow direction from the two water tanks to the pressure pump inlet. I would like to tee into the fresh water line to the head fresh water inlet while still having the option for salt water as well.  Purchasing two of these valves seems a possible way to go.  

THanks-Kelly

Stu Jackson

Ace Hardware has some inexpensive ball valves that can be used.  They have a white body and red handles.  The old plastic gate valves have the old gate valve shortcoming:  unless you hand them, you never know what position they are in.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Roc

I put a tee on my head sink drain, and connected my head intake hose to that. I close the sink drain seacock, fill the sink with water and flush.  This is easy to do because the sink drain and head intake are right next to each other.  To flush with sea water, just put the drain stopper in the sink and open the sink drain seacock.  The head intake hose will now draw water from the seacock.

Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

rirvine

A word of warning â€" I would not recommend connecting the head flush inlet directly to your fresh water systems.  The risk is that water or various microbes could get from the head into your fresh water system.  Roc has the right solution as it allows the use of fresh water to flush but separated the two water systems.ï

Ken Juul

If I remember correctly, it's been a couple years since I changed mine.  The sink drain all ready has a T in it for the shower sump discharge.  I simply swapped the head inlet and shower sump discharge hoses.  Closing the sink seacock and using the sink as a source of fresh water has removed 99% of the smell from our head.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA