Previous topic - Next topic

sdpinaz

Hello all,
My name is Scott,
Just joined the C34IA and am looking forward to learning as much as I can.  I am just in the beginnings of looking for a C34 to buy and will be keeping it in Channel Islands Harbor.  This resource is amazing and will teach me so much.  It will definitely help me find the right boat!  Spent about a year looking at boats and have finally narrowed my search down to the C34, I really like the size, layout, and accomodations/vs/sailing characteristics.  Of what I have seen so far, it really seems like you get quite a bit for the price compared to other types of boats I have looked at.  Anyway, just thought I would drop you all a line and let you know I am out here.... and now I gotta go, got lots of reading to do and lots to learn....

Cheers,
Scott

Stu Jackson

Welcome, Scott, and happy hunting.  While you're looking, if you haven't already, please read the sticky topics.  These will help you a lot in finding the right boat for you.  I made use of this material when we were looking for our boat.  Be prepared to find some "dogs" - examples of neglect - that'll make you cry. :cry4` But when the "right on" pops up, you'll know it, 'cuz you'll have looked for "all the usual suspects" by reviewing the material here.  Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

RobertSchuldenfrei

Welcome Scott,

That is exactly how I got started with this forum about a year and a half ago.  The knowledge contained herein is unbelievable.  If these people ran countries, we would have world peace by Friday afternoon and everyone could go sailing on Saturday  :D.  In my humble (well maybe not so humble) opinion the 34 is the best boat ever made and these folks will help you keep it that way.

Cheers,

Bob
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422