Just bought 1995 Catalina 42 Mark II 2 cabin. Westerbeke 63b pros and cons

Previous topic - Next topic

sailingdolphin

Well I will never leave the best Catalina board in the world. Although we are selling our 34 tall rig.  I love this boat and we have done about every upgrade you can imagine.

The 42 has a westerbeke 63hp this is a one owner boat with only 190 original hours. I believe it is the only one that has this engine.  Owner is friends with Frank and ordered it that way.  Do you see any issues with this engine? Pros and cons?At the time they were putting in yanmar 44hp and he wanted a bigger engine

The owner never really used the boat.  Still has the styrofoam inside the microwave. Holding tanks have never been used.
Doug and Donna #171

Stu Jackson

Doug, nice find and congratulations.  I think you did very well with a non-Yanmar engine.  Does the Westerbeke have glow plugs?  Kinda like our own C34 Critical Upgrades, check the engine bulletins.  Don't know what the C42 has for a forum?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

sailingdolphin

Thanks Stu!  We are very excited.  Especially with a 5 and 8 yr old.

Nothing compares to this forum it's the best. The engine room is clean as a whistle and has a fireboy halon fire suppression system.

Doug and Donna #171