Kubota Filter Equivalents

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

You might also add Purolator L14459 filter for oil and

For fuel Kubota 7000-43081 and Purolator PER 262F
Ron, Apache #788

Bobg

I am a little confused, on the link Stu gave us, Orange tractor talks, it lists oil filters for the D950 engine, however, those part numbers are different from Rons filter list from the archieves.

Gray Market Kubota Oil Filter Part Numbers
Model Engine Kubota        NAPA Baldwin Wix   Fram
B1600 D950 15231-43560 3389 PF872 33389 C6921

Ron's list, shows for example the Fram  oil filter as PH 3593A, and the napa as 1338 and the wix at 51338

I have the M25XP in my 1988, reading the archieves shows it to be a Kubota D950 Engine.  What am I missing here.  I have always went by Rons list in the past with no problems.

Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Ron Hill

Bob : Alot of times these filter companies change the numbers of their filters - why is unknown?

I don't screw around with any other filter companies except Kubota, Fram and Purolator.  Then I purchase 3 or 4 filters at a time. 
With the new engine I've been spending a bit more for the higher quality Fram and Purolator filters.  I always looked for the "clogged filter bypass".  The anti backflow diaphram is not that important as I drill holes in the filter and drain it of oil before I spin it off.

Did a little investigation a few years back and found something trivial information. 
The spin on filters all seem to be of about the same diameter for the rubber builtin gasket, but different in length.  The other BIG difference is the threads!!!  One thread is SAE and the other is metric, almost the same size hole.  The other surprise was that you'd think that the metric threaded hole/stud would be on all foreign auto engines - NOT so!! 
As I recall only Purolator filters have the thread code stamped on the metal threaded piece of their filters.

Some junk info, but interesting!

Ron, Apache #788