Looking for 2-burner alcohol assembly...

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Glennon

Happy Winter everone!
AAAs one of my winter projects, I need to rebuild the two burners on the top of my HilleRange Alcohol Stove w/oven.  I was wondering if any of you have replaced your alcohol stoves, and still have the tubing with the two burner elements hanging around your garage or basements.  I would be very interested in helping you clear out this item if you do, rather than try and have a plumber fabricate something!

Thanks, and happy sailing!
Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

Mark Wey

Tom:

If you have no luck getting your parts, and find your self in the market for a new Alcohol Stove. I highly recomend an Origo 3000. It is an Alcohol stove but not pressurized. It works off the principle of a wick. Very reliable and trouble free. I had one on my C-30 and loved it. My new boat a C-34 has propane and I have little experience with it. As I have just recently purchased the boat and not sailed it yet. Also the Origo fit neatly into the same space as the stove I replaced. (Somebody was thinking) Any questions let me know.

Mark
Mark Wey
2004 C-36

Tom Glennon

Thanks for the info.... so you found the non-pressurized origo to cook satisfactorally? I would be interested in that swap-out, as I wouldn't have to contend with solinoids, propane lockers, etc.
Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

Mark Wey

Tom:

This stove will cook at least equal to pressurized stove. It is quiet, clean, simple, safe (no pressure). Also moving parts,and it is maintanace free. It also uses a cheaper grade of Methyl Hydrate available at any hardware store. You don't have to buy the purified marine stove alcohol as there are no orrifices to plug with impurities. You won't be dissapointed. Just my opinion though.

Mark
Mark Wey
2004 C-36

Mark Wey

Tom

That should read no moving parts.

Mark
Mark Wey
2004 C-36