engine repower

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Ron Hill on May 03, 2012, 07:06:47 PMb]everybody pisses and moans about the intake raw water being captive of the drive belt on the M25XPB and M35BC engines.
I looked at that problem and took that intake hose and ran it next (above) to the exhaust raw water hose.  OR you could have done as Bill Nuttall wrote in the Mainsheet Tech Notes (late 1990s) and cut that hose and placed a simple garden hose connection so you could easily disconnect to change the drive belt.

The issue, as I understand it, is that the newer engines Ron mentioned have the raw water pump "stuck" underneath the alternator belt "loop", instead of up on the starboard side of the engine.  Agreed, it makes a bad situation worse due to limited if nonexistent access.

Yup, if it needs to be done, or has been done before, Ron's been there-done that.

And we all have to recognize that Ron is a hunt-and-peck typist, and we should applaud his voluminous contributions to "our little world."

Most times, when I have a question to search, I use the advanced search button and type in the subject and "Ron Hill" author. 

Gets ya to the answer quicker.  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys : Stu's analysis is correct.

Just because the factory plumbed something in a goofy way, does not mean that you (the owner) can't change it and make it more convent!!
Ron, Apache #788