cabinet latch

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

On my 1988 hull 818, 2 of my door latches are broke, the ones where you put your finger thru the hole, I searched web site on catalina direct with no results, any one do anything different there or had luck with buying same?  thanks Bob
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Kevin Henderson

Bob,

If my memory serves correctly, I don't think those latches are all that uncommon.  I think I remember seeing them one time at WM.   AND.. probably less expensive than what CD would likely sell them for.  :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Rick Johnson

Yes, I have bought the black plastic replacements at West Marine and they were exactly the same.  The brass ones are slightly different and will take a bit of work to fit.

Cheers,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Ron Volk

Bob,

Had the same problem, found them on-line as "Perko 1021BLK Elbow Catch Blk" come two to a package. I believe at the time I found them at Binnacle Yachting Equipment.

Hope this helps.
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Ken Juul

If you have just lost the spring, you can usually modify a spring out of a ball point pen to make it operational again. If I remember correctly, had to use a dab of caulk to hold it in place.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

pablosgirl

Bob,
I had the same problem and found the Perko elbo  latch at Defender item#754313
$5.29.
Paul
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

Ron Hill

Bob : Paul has the correct info. 
Only the Perko "finger" latches will easily fit and are an exact replacement.  You only have to replace the latch piece itself if you get the Perko - the keeper on the door frame remains in place :D!!   
Ron, Apache #788

Bobg

this is great, thank you all, will order from defender
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

efhughes3

Catalina Direct DOES indeed sell those, they are in the "interior" section. $3 per set, IIRC.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC