C34 Website Value

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Butler

We have just completed a major list of maintenance/upgrade items on the boat, all of which were researched and made much more doable (and affordable) with the help of this C34 website.  The projects included a complete awlgrip paint job on mast and boom, new wiring, new engine mounts, resealing just about everything on deck, lots of woodwork below, etc., etc.  A total of 3 single spaced typed pages were completed in 4 months.  The last item on the list was installed this morning.....Ron's Sunbrella mastboot cover.  This website literally saved us thousands of dollars in yard costs, while giving us a great deal of pleasure in achieving all this, and getting to know our boat even better.  Many thanks to all those who over the years have asked the questions and contributed to the answers. 
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

Dave Spencer

Steve,
Way to go!! :clap   Pictures and maybe a few write-ups please?
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

scotty

I'd love to see the list.  If not here as a post, perhaps on the tech wiki??  I agree about the value of this forum.  While my list might only be, well, very few lines, they have really improved my boat (by my standards) and knowing what to do has not only saved money, time and fruztration (I like that "alternative" spelling), but has been fun.  Thanks to all you - and Happy Thanksgiving!
Scotty

Ron Hill

Steve : I'm sure that John Nixon would love some of your writeups for the Mainsheet.  A thought
Ron, Apache #788