Calerpitter Has been sold

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Hi Everyone,
As of a few weeks ago we sold our boat to a nice couple named Gary and Mary. They have moved the boat from Mission Bay to the Coronado Cays in the south bay. They will also be renaming her to Mariposa del Mar which means Butterfly of the Sea, a logical transition from Calerpitter. I have also given them the link to this site so I know you will be as gracious to them as you have been to me.
I will still be involved with this board, you are a great group of people and you can't get rid of me that easy  :D

Mile and Joanne
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Ralph Masters

One of the two most happiest days in a boat owners life.  Congratulations.   :thumb: :party

Ralph
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

scotty

So, do you have any boating plans yet??  Good luck in whatever comes next.
Scotty

Stu Jackson

Nah.  The happiest is the first, I don't know about the second and never ever want to face it.  I'm with Ron Hill on that one!

Mike, look forward to new respondents and perhaps IA members, thanks for the "referral" and look forward to seeing you around here.

Thanks,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Stu, you are absolutely right about selling not being the happiest day of our life. It was the saddest    :cry4`
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Ron Hill

Mike : I whole heartily agree. 

The saddest part is when sailing becomes fond memories.  It WILL happen to us all. 
Ron, Apache #788

lazybone

They are going to have to pry my cold dead hands from the wheel.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Ralph Masters

I was always told the two happiest days were the day you buy the boat and the day you sell the boat.
BOAT - bring on another thousand

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

As for my future sailing plans, I'm hoping to crew on some friends boats. Back in May, I helped a friend bring his Erickson 380 back to San Diego from La Paz, Mexico. This is also known as the Baja Bash. Also considered hooking up with someone to do the Baja Ha Ha in October. Since I've done the bash twice now, I think I deserve to do the Ha Ha. But....I now have the opportunity to crew on a delivery of a Hunter 456 from Marina Del Rey to Hawaii in October so I'm really looking forward to that.
I'm also considering joining a sailing club called Marina Sailing which I was a member of before I bought my boat. They are good people and have six locations along the southern California coast between San Diego and the Channel Islands(Oxnard).
Off the subject a little, we did a day trip to Catalina via the Catalina Express and did the Zip Line tour which I highly reccomend. It consists of five different sections of zip line where they bus you up to the top of the island and you finish up back at Discanso Bay at the bottom. Well worth the $110.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Ken Heyman

Well congratulations on the sale albeit the conflicting emotions. You have a standing invitation to sail in Chicago. I know you guys occasionally make it to Minnesota so maybe Chicago is "only a bit out of the way"  --sounds as if you have  some wonderful sailing waiting in the wings.

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

awesome34

Congratulations Mike!  I know it was bittersweet but, Gary and May got a really well equipped and cared for boat.  Hopefully, I can have you out for a sail on Awesome sometime. 

-Eric

Mark Elkin

Quote from: Stu Jackson on August 30, 2011, 04:34:48 PM
Nah.  The happiest is the first, I don't know about the second and never ever want to face it.  I'm with Ron Hill on that one!

I've heard it said, "Old sailors never retire....  They just get a little dinghy."
Mark S Elkin

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Hi Mark,
I don't plan on retiring 'cause I sure don't want a little dinghy....... :D
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Les Luzar

OPB (other peoples boats) is the least expensive way to sail. I like to OPP (other peoples parties). Since I have a boat I am usually too tired to have my own parties! If I cleaned my house as much as I work on my boat I would have a pretty nice place. But I would rather go sailing!
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Ralph Masters

Les,
I hear you on that.  We gave brief thought to buying a bigger boat, a 42, but then thought about the amount of time it takes to keep the 34 clean and washed and waxed.  Never mind the house too.

Ralph
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987