Anchor locker opening

Previous topic - Next topic

crieders

I wanted to put something in the anchor opening to prevent the anchors, line, etc from getting wet. Any thoughts on this?
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Lance Jones

One question, why? They are designed to BE wet and there is a drain in the bottom to let the water out.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ralph Masters

After washing down on Saturday I leave the hatchs open to air dry the contents of the anchor locker, chain and rode.

Ralph
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Ron Hill

Cliff : I agree with Lance WHY ?

What I do is to use about 1/2 gallon of fresh water to wash the salt off the windless and chain/rode after anchoring.  That little bit of fresh water will dry (prevent chain corrosion) until I can get to a dock and really hose the locker out.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

crieders

After a while, if you don't use them a lot, it does get grotty around the chain and anchor.
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Ron Hill

Cliff : When you're on the boat and the sun is shining, open the door and let it dry out.

That's why I use a braid on braid nylon rode, just so it doesn't get stiff and difficult to use like the 3 strand nylon tends to do. 
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

My PO installed a simple garden hose plastic holder on the aft face of the anchor locker.  Easy to use even the old gnarly 3 strand.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."