Cutlass Bearing Tool

Previous topic - Next topic

hinmo

Does anyone have the cutlass bearing tool I can borrow (pay shipping of course).?

....or rent?
Kestrel, 1989

Roland Gendreau

I would suggest joining the C36IA and then borrowing their tool. 

Roland Gendreau
Gratitude #1183
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Ken Juul

you might also want to check the Catalina Fleets that are in your area, they sometimes have tool loan programs.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Paulus

You can make your own.  Go to the local hardware store and buy the following.  2 heavy washers the size of the bearing, 6" piece of pipe larger than the bearing, 2 more heavy washers larger than the diameter of the pipe, 1 long threaded bolt(14") with nut, few smaller washers so that the load it spread evenly.  Takes about 5 minutes to remove.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Paul,
I'm having a little trouble picturing this tool. Could you incluge a picture or drawing?
Can you use this with the shaft in or out?
The yard had a heck of a time getting mine out but possibly it was the original cutless, on the other hand, my engine had over 3000 hours on it and I can't imagine a cutlass lasting that long.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Paulus

Mike,  I will post a drawing later tonight.  Did spray it with some type of lubricant.  Shaft out.
Paul
Not sure how to post my sketch, so I will send it to your email address.
Cool Change 1989 #944

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Kirk Garner

Hi Paul,

If you don't mind would you please email me the drawing as well? I need to tackle the same job right away.

Thanks, Kirk
Kirk Garner