Barnaclean system

Previous topic - Next topic

jgatherton

I have a 2000 C34 mk11 based in Panama City FL.  The PO had a Barnaclean system installed.  I searched on this site for Barnaclean but got no hits.  Does anyone have any experience with the Barnaclean system?  I was not sure how effective it might be and what sort odf current draw it might impose on the batteries.  Any thoughts?

paule

I just coppied barnaclean systems and put it in google and more info came up try again.
Paul
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

jgatherton

Thanks Paul.  I had previously googled it and had a look at the various references, but they are mainly from vendors.  I was trying to find some independent views.
John

Stu Jackson

John, you're right, nothing here.  What is it?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Kevin Henderson

The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

jgatherton

Stu
The system consists of a number of transmitters stuck on the inside of the hull and that emit a low frequency sonic pulse every few seconds.  The vibration is transmitted through the hull and apparently discourages marine organisms from attaching themselves to the exterior.
I have to turn it off at night, the constant "chirping" does not encourage a restful night!
I will try it out over the next few weeks and see how it performs.  I will also measure the current draw.

Ted Pounds

John,
I just did a search on Practical-Sailor's site and they have nothing on it.  If you're a subscriber you might try sending them an email asking them about it.  Also they might be interested in whatever results you get when you try it out.  Good luck.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447