s/v Jenny Jewel - Still Sailing

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Kern

Well, after 3 years of heavy lurking and fairly frequent postings up to 2008, I kind of fell off the C34 "grid" for a couple of years.  So, here I am 1.5 years later after 2 years of divorce "discussions" and a nearly final divorce and the good news is the Jenny Jewel survived the carnage and will stay mine.  I have continued to sail these past two years although not quite as often as I like.  Now things are getting back to normal, well the new normal, and I am back looking forward to my weekends on the boat and hopefully another trip to the Abacos next summer.

The good news is I found a great new first mate who is learning to love sailing and already likes the effect of sailing on me and us.   Plus on only her 4th day sail she agreed to go up the mast in a bosun's seat to replace my flag halyard.  Certainly a good sign.  Also my newest boat dog, "Stella" (middle name Artois), a 9 month old black lab mutt puppy has 3 sailing days under her belt and already acts like she owns and loves the boat.

Like sailing, life has had its occasional squalls but things are much clearer and calmer after the storm.

So pardon me for getting a little personal, but the Jenny Jewel (and me) are back and I am looking forward to being back for the wisdom, wit and helpful advice of the my fellow C34 sailors, old and new.

Joe
"Jenny Jewel"
2005 C34 MKII
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Rick Johnson

Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Braxton

I'm impressed you got a 9 month old black lab to go up the mast in a bosun's seat.

wait...

is that not what you meant?

Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA