Transition

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

I signed the papers at the title company this afternoon. Espresso is going to a new captain. Contrary to popular wisdom, it's not one of the happiest days. But no regrets, I enjoyed all the time I was able to spend sailing, cruising and yes, maintaining my C34. It certainly isn't the wisest financial choice to buy a boat, but the mental health benefits are incalcuable.

I can't express properly the thanks I owe to all the participants on this forum. Stu, Ron, David Sanner, the late Jon Schneider, the two Kens, and my good friend Jack Hutteball, wow, I'm almost having tears. I garnered a lot of friends I never met face to face. It will be hard to break the habit of checking the daily threads.

To our very informal Fleet 5:  Sorry, I'm not going to be "Commodore for life", but I expect to be invited sailing. I'm also, very publically, passing the wheel to Tom Clay of Olympia to assume duties. Tom, tag, you're it! Jack has his plate full being Mainsheet Editor.

I'm on the beach for awhile, save for my Zodiac, back to chartering and such. On to new adventures.....

Craig

Stu Jackson

!Q
awww, I learned a lot from you, too.  Steve Dolling's back, he'll give ya a ride!  Other than the Zodiac, any raghead boat in your future?  Do we start looking for you on the C42 Message Board?

You'll be sorely missed.  Hope you hang around.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Craig Illman

Stu - No, you won't find me on the C42 site, there's no better boat than a C34! Maybe in a year or two I'll either find something to drag behind my Civic or maybe my orginal fantasy boat, a PNW classic, a Thunderbird.

Craig