Replacement Masthead sheaves

Previous topic - Next topic

horsemel

I was talking to Guido at Garhauer today about getting replacement sheaves for my halyards.  He said that he thought the sheaves were the same as for the C-36 but was not sure.  I have checked the wikis and other posts and can't find that information where the subject is discussed.  He said if not that he needs to know the outside diameter, thickness and inside diameter of the the center hole.  Does anybody know if they are the same as the 36 or what the measurements are?  My boat is 50 miles away and lots of snow.  Blue Moon is a 1988 #815.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Ted Pounds

They are the same as the C36.  I shared an order with a friend who has a 36.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Mert Gollaher

Installed three Garhauer 36-MH sheaves last year with great results.  A simple and easy project - once the stick was down, of course.
Mert Gollaher
Avalon Sunset
1987 C34 #405
Tall / Fin
GYC, Guilford, CT

Ron Hill

Guys : Anytime that there is a question when you're talking to Garhauer and one of the "Indians" doesn't know the answer, talk to Bill - the Chief.   :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788

sselinger

I'm pretty sure you have the plastic sheaves installed. Garhaurer has a ball bearing replacement which is really slick. I installed them last year and they made quite an improvement in effort. A little pricey though.
Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047