Work areas?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

I have a question for those that either live aboard or go on extended cruises. Where do you find to be the best work area on the boat?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Stu Jackson

What kind of work? 

I use the main saloon table for chart work.  I use the galley for when I work on the engine and put parts there - work.  I tend to use the nav station top when I do electrical work, because we have our tools in the nav station (see Original Projects page: http://www.c34.org/projects/projects-aquavite.html) and my electrical tools are in a separate Sears soft tool bag.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Lance Jones

That's a good question Stu. I guess I'm just getting a feel for where others work on their projects on the boat.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Lance : WOW what a question.  I'm just starting to do projects for the 22nd year.

1.  Most of the projects have to be done in place if you are changing/upgrading that item - wiring, crimping, soldering, running new hose, replacing something etc.
2.  Any messy projects that require stripping, hammering, painting, bending etc are done on the dock or I  take them home.  I do have a small vice that I can clamp on the flip-up galley counter (Mainsheet article w/picture) which is invaluable for holding small items for sawing/soldering etc. !!
3.  All sewing projects I do at home for the ease of space.

In general, the projects are done where I can do the best job in the least amount of time and damn sure don't screw up the boat !!!   
Ron, Apache #788