AIS Website

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

This is pretty cool. I got from a tech at the San Diego West Marine.
It shows actual realtime AIS information anywhere in the world although it does not show movement so you would have to reload the page every so often.
If you have a laptop or Iphone type device with access to the web on your boat, you could probably get by without having to buy a AIS reciever.

OK, reading further into the FAQ area of this website, this website is not intended for navigational purposes.

Happy Holidays

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Braxton

It looks like the page reloads automatically every 100 seconds.

It's mighty cool.  Thanks for sharing.
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA

Jack Hutteball

This is a great site.  Our house overlooks Rosario Straight in the San Juan Islands so we see many large ships and tugs passing.  A few days ago the admiral noticed a very large ship approaching from the south wondering what it was.  She was surprised when I gave her the information on the ship, it's destination etc, (and she didn't believe me) and was even more surprised when I showed her a picture of the ship on the computer!  I check the site occasionally to see what is passing, and I had not told her we have the site available on the computer.  Pretty accurate for what passes here.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Hawk

Hey Jack,
I'm coming down for a visit one day..........

Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

rirvine

There is a iPhone app for this too.

Ray

Jack Hutteball

Hawk, look forward to seeing you down this way sometime.  We generally have a few reciprocal slips open in our condo moorage in Skyline, so give us a shout.  You would have had a real bash this morning with the high winds and big seas heading your direction!

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington