Injector cleaning & M15 and M25 Service Manuals

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

This past weekend I installed 3 injectors fully serviced by a local shop. What a difference ! The engine runs as smooth as silk now. When I bought the boat in the spring I found two injectors were not seated properly and fuel was leaking by the threads.

I discovered the shop manual for the M25 is the same as the M15 (5411). I rebuilt a 5411 a few years ago so I have the manual. I will scan it sometime shortly so the rest of you can get a copy.

Mark Tamblyn

Stu Jackson

Thanks, Mark, just "stick it in the wiki" (been wantin' to say that for a while... :D)
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Mark : If you want to keep those new injectors clean here's a few tips:
1.  When you change out to a new Racor in the spring, fill it with PS injector additive/cleaner.  That way the injectors will get a good shot of cleaner.
2.  Think about using the Starbrite tank cleaner, even if you removed and cleaned your tank.  The enzymes will keep your cleaned tank - cleaned. 
3. Use the Starbrite diesel additive with every tank full of diesel.    A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

prh77

If you order your injectors through Tractor Smart @ $61 each, you are damn close to rebuild prices- at least in my area - .
Peyton Harrison Hull # 597 1988 "Trinity"

MarkT

Service Manual posted to the Wiki: http://www.c34.org/wiki/images/2/2a/Universal_25_service_manual.pdf

Mark Tamblyn

Ron Hill

Mark : I'm sure that after you replaced the injectors that you checked them for leaks. 
The fuel in is easy to check with a clean paper towel at the retaining nut.
Then put a little soapy water in the injector well and run the engine.  If you see bubbles, you don't have a good seal. 
Ron, Apache #788

jmnpe

Ron,

Is the PS injector cleaner a different product than the regular PS diesel additive you recommended? I checked at Walmart recently and all they had was the regular additive.

Thanks.

John
John Nixon
Otra Vez
1988 Hull # 728