Storage area liner

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

Yes, it's me again.....
What is the material that lines the opening to the storage areas behind the settees? I called Catalina Direct and they didn't have it; but, they did know what I was talking about. I plan to line the access opening I'll be adding behind the sink to cover the edges of the cut.

Thanks in advance!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ken Juul

You can use a number of things.  They use material like this in many automotive applications.  If you want to match the existing, call the parts dept at the factory.  I find them more helpful than Catalina Direct.  Also see your other post.  Since you probably won't be in and out of this "hole" very often, why not just put the cut out piece back in?
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Lance Jones

Good question. However, I want access to this inaccessable area in case I have to get there in the future (Such as a hose breaking, fauset work etc...)
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Craig Illman

Have you thought about using a Beckson plate to fill the hole? They come in up to eight inch sizes.

Craig

Ron Hill

Lance : That material is called an edging guard.  Why go to Catalina Direct when you can get it at West Marine or the Catalina factory?  I've seen it in tan or white.
Ron, Apache #788

Lance Jones

Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622