Replacement cockpit shower

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Has anyone replaced their shower faucet assembly?   I suppose I can get one from Catalina, but there must be a less expensive RV type which will work. 
Thanks,
Bob
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay

Bill Asbury

Bob, I replaced my broken cockpit shower assembly last fall.  Part #SSP 48500 Stowaway Shower list price $119 with member discount $79.73 plus tax from Fawcett Boat Supplies in Annapolis.  Works great.
Bill
Bill & Penne
Sanderling 2005 C34MKII 1686
Chesapeake Bay

Terry Forshier

Yesterday I was in the aft cockpit locker. (well my head was) (under the seat) and noticed at the bottom of the well was a hose with a spray nozzel on it. Is this the cockpit shower you are refering to?. I did not know it was there. Does it work off the shower system in the head? My locker has the propane system installed there and is hard to access below it.

Ken Juul

Terry,
Not sure when they started making them standard, but many MkIIs have a retractable shower built into a recess in the walk thru transom.  Open a door, pull out the showerhead/hose adjust the hot/cold knobs to get the correct temp.  I think it is plumbed off the head sink water supply.  You may have a "home made" cockpit shower in your lazarette or just an old bathroom handle/hose tossed in for storage.  Only way to know is to pull it out.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Bill Asbury

Don't know hull # or year of your boat, Terry, but if it's like mine with walkthru transom/swim platform then I think we have same shower setup.  Was at boat today to secure it before arrival of tropical storm Hanna tomorrow and got name of cockpit shower assembly mfr. for you---SSI (ssicustomplastics.com).
Bill
Bill & Penne
Sanderling 2005 C34MKII 1686
Chesapeake Bay

Terry Forshier

Well, as I was getting ready for the passing by of IKE here in SW Florida I checked out the hose I found in the aft locker. Sure enough I turned on the water pump and it is a shower sprayer with hose and nozzel. For 2 years I did not see that. Duh. Works great too.

arthur

This is third summer for my boat and this Labor Day weekend anchored out on Pentwater, MI. my wife and I used the stern shower for the first time.  Wow, We had a great shower.  It was about 10:00 PM, 70 degrees, dark out, stars a glow, warm water from motoring that day and she in her bathing suit and me in the buff.  I felt like a kid at 65.   Get your shower fixed and start using it.

Mike Vaccaro

For Mark I owners with a closed transom, an inexpensive cockpit shower can be made by "teeing" into the head water lines and running a hose into the port cockpit combing compartment (the open space under the winch) and installing a simple sink sprayer on the end.  If you live in a warm climate, usually a "cold" water tap is sufficient.  It's also handy for cleaning up the cockpit. 
1988 C34 Hull #563
Std Rig / Wing Keel

crieders

If you mean in the head, I did. You can get it directly from a dealer for the mfg. Newer boats use a different mfg than my 1990 boat it. I used a Grohe which is a nice unit. I also got a cut off valve which adds to the length a bit so that the water splashes out of the sink but its convenient to be able to stop the flow with one hand while showering.
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Bob K

Replacement shower found on Ebay.  Look under RV parts.  A large selection and low pieces.  The faucet on our MKI was made by Empire.  Found same faucet for $5!!!.  When was the last time you bought a replacement part that cost less than a 6 pack?:)
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay