Filters kit from Catalina

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

Susan - my symptom was that I was losing coolant out the cap, but not going into the overflow tank. The outer gasket wasn't sealing adequately. The other issue could be the spring getting weak, not maintaining design pressure and letting the coolant escape and over-heating the engine.

I remember my wife's first car (an ugly American Motors something) was suffering an overheating issue, blowing out coolant and all it took was a new radiator cap. No expensive radiator flush or anything like that.

Craig

Stu Jackson

Quote from: prh77 on June 04, 2009, 05:35:49 AM
One problem I have had using the D 950 manual on our site, is that is old, and many of the part #s have been superceded.

Peyton,

You are correct in that it is old.  However, the pictures themselves are worth it.  This is because the online website that has the newer numbers (as I've mentioned earlier in this topic at www.marinedieseldirect.com) is a bear to work your way through because of the "Group" designations.  I have found that it is helpful to have our website manual to find the particular "Group" that has the part(s) you are looking for to be able to then find it more quickly at the online source.

If you'd like to find a newer catalog and get it to us, we'd be glad to post it. :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Craig Illman on June 04, 2009, 09:22:01 AM
...losing coolant out the cap, but not going into the overflow tank.

You'll find that this is a very hard symptom to track down, because once the engine gets hot, the amount that leaks out will steam off, so you'll be scratching your head trying to figure out where the leak is, after you've checked all the hoses.  The only clue will be a smell, which sometimes won't be very strong.  If your exhaust manifold pressure cap (NOT a radiator cap - because our engines do not have radiators) is over ten years old, just get a new one (or two :D).

If someone finds a NAPA part #, that would be very helpful to all of us.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Craig Illman

Stu - I'll try to remember to check for a part number when I'm up at the boat on Sunday.

Craig

Michael Shaner

WHAT? Filter for the facet pump? Who-da-thunk-it?!?  :oops:

Any clue where would one procure one or two of these?
Michael & Alison Shaner

Stu Jackson

Michael, replacements are unnecessary.  Just take it out and clean it, and then, if you haven't already, plumb the fuel tank to the primary filter, then to the pump and on to the engine, and you'll never have to clean the pump filter ever again.

Replacement pumps can be found here:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,2515.0.html

Ron Hill

Peyton: Yes, the part #s are old, but as Stu mentioned the breakdown of the assembly is priceless.  I've never see any parts dealer that can't take an old part # and find the new part # -- if they want too!!! 
Also, just give the the tractor model (B7200) and they can find the part.   A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

waterdog

Ron is correct.   I just gave a list of at least a dozen Kubota parts to the tractor dealer for my spares.   He spent 20 minutes verifying each part and updating all the part numbers.  It was no problem.   Their parts system tells them the old part number has been superceded and gives them the new number.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Ron Hill

Mark : Those screens for the electric lift pump strainer - you'll never use them if your Racor filter is plumbed in the fuel line before the electric pump (tank, Racor and then fuel pump). 
The fuel is already filtered by the time it get to the fuel pump.  This has been posted MANY time before.  A thought   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788