BEST SOURCE AND PRICE FOR HONDA EU2000

Previous topic - Next topic

canuck

I have just installed a Link 10 and now wish to get this Honda generator. I am running the original two 4Ds which are wired in parallel as house batteries. I assume my amp hours are 400. I have another Trojan 27 as a starting battery which I have installed under the head sink.

Where is the best place to get one at the best price?

Thanks

Stu Jackson

Your location in Canada may influence your decision and the available sources.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Terry Forshier

lazybone

I would invest in an upgraded alternator, regulator, batteries and wiring system before resorting to generator.
There's a ton of threads here about upgrading the boats charging system. 
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

canuck

I have already installed a Xantrex three stage regulator along with a 105 amp Leece & Neville alternator. We are planning a two month trip to Desolation Sound and the Broughtons this spring/summer and I can't afford to call the auto association. I like my redundancy as much as the Admiral likes her TV and VCR!
Thanks.

Ron Hill

Can : It looks as though you've got things well in hand.  Just make sure that the Voltage regulator for the engine alternator is a "smart" 3 stage regulator. 
The Honda generator is great, especially when you've been at anchor more than a single overnight!!  Sure beats running that $9000 diesel engine when you can run the $900 one (Honda) just to recharge the battery bank!!   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Tom Lanzilli

I also purchased mine at Mayberrys in NJ.
Tom Lanzilli
Ithaka, 2004, #1660
Guilford, CT

canuck

Mayberry quoted $879 all in including shipping. Canadian price is $1250 before taxes of 13%.