Free NOAA Office of Coast Survey Booklet Charts

Previous topic - Next topic

ssk

Everyone probably knows about this already except me, but I haven't seen or missed it on the site.  It looks to be pretty handy.  At least it it fun to play with when you are away from the boat.  And the price is right.

NOAA's Experimental BookletChart™
The experimental BookletChart is made to help recreational boaters locate themselves on the water.  It has been reduced in scale and divided into pages for convenience, but otherwise contains all the information of the full scale nautical chart.  Bar scales have also been reduced in scale, and are accurate when used to measure distances in a BookletChart.  Excerpts from the United States Coast Pilot are included, and chart notes are consolidated on a single page for easy reference.  Emergency information for the charted area is printed on the back cover.

Print as many copies as you like.  Use them at home, on-board, or attach a page or two to the Float Plan that you leave with a friend, relative or local marina before heading out on the water.  In an emergency, your Float Plan gives pertinent information to enable them to contact the local marine police or Coast Guard with necessary details.

Office of Coast Survey BookletCharts™
Up-to-date charts you can print at home for free.
BookletCharts
            Atlantic Coast
            Gulf Coast
            Pacific Coast
            Alaska
            Great Lakes

http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/BookletChart/

Rick Allen

I found out about these about 6 months ago.  I printed a bunch and made a nice spiral bound chart book for use onboard.  I use it to let guests know where we are, so they don't need to be looking at the GPS all the time.  It's very useful!

Rick
Rick Allen, C34 IA Commodore
Former owner of "PainKiller", 1988 C34 MKI, Sail#746, std. rig, wing keel.