Generator

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

It's starting to heat up on the east coast.  Several people have asked where I got my Honda 2000.  I thought I had posted it before but could not find it in a search.  So I had to do it the old fashoned way, digging throught a file folder of receipts :cry4`  

We paid $869 for an eu200i last August.  No sales tax, no shipping.  The cheapest place we found was Coffman Electrical Equipment (www.steadypower.com) in Grand Rapids, MI  888-331-5314.  Others places to check are Mayberry's at 800 696 1745, Hayes Equipment 800 375 7767 and Northern Tool and Equipment.  Checked the web sites, couldn't find the prices so I think it is easiest to call.

The generator will heat hot water and does run the 12,000BTU Air conditioner as well as charge the batteries.  It will probably run a larger A/C unit, the key is to put the fan on run rather than auto to minimize the current spike when the compressor cuts in.  Thanks Larry for the tip.

[search: generator purchase]
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Larry Robertie

My wife used the generator for the first time with a hair drier this past week end.  It took the draw, but cranked up the engine so much I think everybody in Cohasset could hear it - and we were moored in Scituate.  :shock:

Any on board hair drier tips would be appreciated.

Also, for those in my neck of the woods, Hansen's over in Marblehead carries, and as importantly for me supports maintains, these generators.

Most remarkable thing about them - they are soooo easy to start.  Wish my lawn mower was that easy!
Larry Robertie
Ruach #1506
Salem, MA

Steve Sayian

Larry,

I wondered what that racket was I heard here in Hingham this weekend..now I know.

Steve
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Joe Kern

Northern Tool and Supply has them for $899.  For the Florida folks no tax in Florida June 1 - June 12 for Hurricane Supplies.

Joe
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Chris Martinson

I just bought mine at Wise Equipment - 847-895-5555.  generator was 869.99, hour meter 45 extra gas cp 15 and fedex 5 - total 934.99....free shipping to NJ and no sales tax.

Chris Martinson
Chris Martinson
More Therapy
1989 Hull # 945