Finding Hull #

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundance

Where can I find my hull#?  It is not on the sails, I have the hull ID number from the title, but any idea what part of this is the "hull #" if any of it?  Just curious.
Jeff
2001 C34 #1581
"Sundance"
Sandusky, OH

Steve Sayian

Jeff,

Typically it is molded into the Starboard side of the stern at or near the top.

On my '99 it is not molded in but etched (looks like by hand).

The factory also glasses into the hull in a difficult to find/reach spot the same number in case the boat is stolen.  Again on my '99 that 'secret place' is in the vee berth on the Starboard side of the hull just aft of the water tank.  It's yellow and about the size of a 3x5 index card.

Hope that helps.

Steve
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Sundance

Thank you.  I thought I saw something on this.  After checking, I am Hull# 844.  I'll add myself to the database when I get a chance.

Jeff
2001 C34 #1581
"Sundance"
Sandusky, OH

Ron Hill

Steve : On a MKI with a standard transom, I also found the Cat # under the Catalina plate just under the teak step on the transom!!    :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Steve Sayian

Ron,

That's interesting, because I thought the standard for marking was the starboard side of the stern (or gunwhale).  On all boats that I've owned from 1976 to now, that's where the numbers have been (Cape Dory, Tartan and Catalina).  Learned something new today.  Thanks!

Steve
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Ron Hill

Steve : Your are correct on the standard marking location. 
Guess that the Catalina factory must have also marked the deck section so it would get mated to the correct hull# ??  :donno:
Ron, Apache #788