Extendable Deck Brush Handle

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Our old "marine grade" brush handle died last week.  It had two pieces of aluminum tube, one inside the other, and the rotating handle where they joined created the friction to keep them locked in any position.  That handle was made of plastic and has decided to "retire from active service."  Of course, it died in the "loose" position, which made it completely worthless.

In looking for replacements, it finally dawned on me that ACE Hardware, which I've called our "best marine store" might be a good avenue to consider, inasmuch as the WM products are well over $30.

They had two models, one $8.95, the other $12.95.  The less expensive one was red with a white extension, the other was all aluminum, so I got that one.  There's no middle plastic handle, it works by a twist lock, just like a smaller whisker pole.

Seems a reasonable alternative, and like the Admiral says, "If it lasts two or three years, we still got a good deal."
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."