Transducer Compatably

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

I presently have the Signet Marine depth and speed indicator ( i don't know if these were original equipment but they look old but still work) and I would eventually like to upgrade to Raymarine ST60 series. I am having my boat hauled in a few weeks to have the bottom painted and am thinking about having the transducers changed to the ST60 transducers.
Does anyone know if there is any compatability between the speed and depth transducers? If I change them to raymarine will my Signet units work on them until I buy the Raymarine units?
Or if I leave the Signet transducers in will the Raymarine sustem work on them?
I hope someone has researched this or tried the same thing.

Thanks in advance,
Mile
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

DougP

Just about everybody uses Airmar transducers, but I don't think Signet does. I know the Signet was smaller than the ones I put in for the Tacktick, which I think are also the ones used for ther ST60.

Here's Airmar's cross reference sheets: 

http://www.airmartechnology.com/uploads/printcsv/March2007_72.39004.xls
Doug & Theressa
Noeta,  #307
Gig Harbor Washington

sail4dale

Signet still repairs and upgrades their instruments.  Their facility is in Torrance, CA   A call there might help you decide what to do.
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

Ed Shankle

If you decide to keep the Signet, be sure your warranty will still be valid on the Raymarine units. There may be an issue with using another's senders.

Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Ron Hill

Mike : Why don't you ask Raymarine and Signet that question and see what kind of answers you get.

I don't know what your transducer for the depthfinder looks like, but I'd make sure to get one that's NOT "permanently" installed in the hull and can't be pulled while in the water.  I changed my depth transducer to the type that can be pulled out (then insert plug) just like your speed transducer.
A thought.  :wink: 
Ron, Apache #788