DataMarine Link5000

Previous topic - Next topic

sdaly66

Hello again,

Probably like most, get the boat and have a gagillion questions and needs for the first few weeks, but here goes...

She has a datamarine Link 5000 installed.  3 helm instruments plus Nav station instrument.

I would pay dearly for a copy of the operators manual for this configuration.

I've tried the manufacturer, a general internet search, as well as a search here, and am finding nothing.

If anyone has one, I'll pay dearly for a copy of any sort.

Gary

I have found Steve at Datamarine most helpful.  They seem to thrive on customer questions, and being able to help owners diagnose problems.  This is their web page <dmimarine.com> and from here you can email or get phone numbers as well as prices on parts, repairs, and new instruments.  Just sent a 20 year old knotmeter back for new LCD install.  Turn around is expected to be two weeks.  Last year I replaced the paddle wheel transducer.  It was an exact fit for the existing through hull. They do advertise that they work on non-Datamrine instruments as well.

Hope this is useful and congratulations on the C34 purchase!
Gary Ambrose
Kije #215
1986 Fin Keel
Falmouth Foreside, ME

Ron Hill

66 : I'm not too sure that Datamarine made a Link 5000?  Call D marine @ (424)771-2182 and talk with them.   :think
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Sources for electronics: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1313.0

Steve at DMI now has our depthsounder display for repair.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ted Pounds

Ron,
They sure did make a 5000, that what I had on my old boat.  Maybe if Brent, the new owner, sees this he'll make a copy for sdaly66.

Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447