Instrument Covers & Sources for Electronics

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

I was recently looking for covers for my Datamarine instruments.  A few years ago I used the Special Order desk at BoatUS.  However, they no longer carry them and they sent me to a company called Wintron.  They in turn sent me to DMI.  If you need covers or help on Datamarine instruments or for general electronic input, here's the information.  Very helpful folks.

DATAMARINE Instruments

DMI Marine phone -508-564-7491. I spoke to Kelsa. www.dmimarine.com

I was advised that they also have upgrades for existing instruments that will be coming out soon.  That section of their website is under construction.

WIN-TRON Electronics
Barbara J. Lynch
barbara@wintronelectronics.com
800 Route 71
Spring Lake Heights, NJ 07762
Phone:    732-449-4850
Fax:    732-449-4517
Web:    http://www.wintronelectronics.com
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

DavidComando

Hi Stu, July, 2003 while on our summer cruise we spent our first night in West Harbor, Fisher's Island. A storm blew through at night and flooded our uncovered "water proof" depth gauge.(That'll be the last time I go to sleep without covering it...the instrument pod that is) As it was our first day of our 15 day cruise I was a bit annoyed having our shallow alarm buzzing constantly and the depth scrolling between meters, feet, fathoms,... A blow dryer didn't get it to work but removing the depth buzzer helped our sanity. After the cruise I mailed the unit to DMI. It was an inexpensive repair, and worked well the remainder of the season. Now to see if it still operates this spring...
Dave