Transmission fill and SS dorade vents

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

Hi Alll,
I have heard you should fill the trransmission completley when winter storage, (oct to May) how important is this, my boat is 320 mile round trip, is it really necessary? 
   Also I have a bent dorado, the winter tarp I put on the boat severly bent the dorado, I have seen SS dorado's on other boats and they sure look nice, any Idea where I can get them?  Thanks much guys appreciate any info
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Rick Johnson

Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Ron Hill

HSN : To fill the transmission all the way up with fluid (winter storage) is only following the instructions in the owners engine manual.  Probably recommended by Hurth.  Sure would be nice to know your year and hull # !!
YOU have to decide if the manufactures instructions are really necessary to follow or not!!   :donno:
Ron, Apache #788

Jon Schneider

Here"s another vendor for ss cowl vents.  I used them.  A touch cheaper than sailboatstuff.  Also, their "Newport" dorade boxes work perfectly on our risers.
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Stu Jackson

Here's a recent post with another reference to yet an earlier one on dorade vents.

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=3292.0
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."