Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Bain

ok....let's see what this does to my Karma! How do you turn it off? I looked in options and preferences. I have a rating of -1. I guess there is such a thing as dumb questions!  I was really hoping this board would encourage new owners to ask and participate without fear of getting a negative rating. I have lots of ratings in my real world, and was disapoointed to see it here.
Richie
Richard Bain
"PAZZO"
London, ON, Canada

Stu Jackson

Umm, perhaps not boat related, Richard, and just another stupid Internet service's piece of wasted programming "genius."  I changed your Forum Profile Information, it was at the bottom of that page (#s of smiles and frowns).  Hope that's better.  I understand your concern, but I believe that no one should feel offended by something that's part of the idiocy sometimes perpetrated on all of us from the peddlers of software.   Here's the background of this bit of nonsense.  Phil is no longer our webmaster (he bought a Bavaria 38), and we've kinda tried to get away from the "cutesy" crap.  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=2452.0  If it's OK with you, maybe we can diss this post, unless someone else has something with grins and giggles to add.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jeff Kaplan

rich, ask as many questions as you wish, no such thing as dumb question. almost all questions have been answered in past postings and on the tech notes and project page, look thru everything and do searches.  i, like many others, like answers in real time, so for the past 3 seasons i have asked many questions and received much great advise. i have practically rebuilt my '86 and all info was gained here in this forum. remember, a question not asked, can't be answered.good luck and know that there are many people on this site that share their knowledge gladly...jeff kaplan
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Richard Bain

Thanks Stu and Jeff....I feel much better!
Richard
Richard Bain
"PAZZO"
London, ON, Canada

Jeff_McKinney

Stu,

I'd like to shut off that Karma thing, but can't find the switch. I looked at all the profile settings and either can't see it because of my access level or have simple overlooked it. Would you be so kind as to make it either go back to zero or shut it off altogether?

Thanks
Jeff McKinney,  Event Horizon;  Upper Chesapeake Bay