Mk I Walk Thru Transom

Previous topic - Next topic

glwestcott

Quote from: Ron Hill on May 25, 2006, 07:29:10 PM
In my estimation, the 1990 with the "molded in" steps is the best of both worlds!!  You have the steps, but didn't loose the center space for storage.  The walk thru cut that center space in half and leaves a smaller storage on each side.   :wink:

The walk through on my '94 certainly does make for smaller storage space and, with the adler barber compressor in there it also limits it.  However, we were pooped big time with a wave coming back to San Francisco from Hawaii and having the open transom was great.  Had to grab cushions, but the water just flowed out immediately.  The pooping was actually from the side as we were on a beam reach in big seas with 45 knot winds at the time about 300 miles from San Francisco and headed due west.  Actually, on that trip we just used the lazarette for plastic water bottle storage after we finished drinking each bottle since they can't be thrown overboard.  Figured they were light and wouldn't mess the compressor up.  Was a bit of a hassle getting the last few out, but gave us a good out of the way place to throw them! :?
Gary Westcott
C34 Jennifer Anne