M35B tech bulletin re: bracket failure

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Jackson

Hi,

I'm a C36 owner.  Have you guys with the M35B engine received the word on the Westerbeke service bulletin applying to several engines including the Universal M35BC?.  It concerns the bracket to which the fuel filter is mounted.
You should be especially concerned if your engine was manufactured prior to Sept. '04.  To see the bulletin, go to www.westerbeke.com.  Click on "technical" and you will get a pull-down menu.  Select "Service Bulletins."  Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to see the applicable bulletin.  The phone number to call  at Westerbeke is (508) 823 7677.   They will ask you for your engine's serial #.  If you need a replacement bracket, they will send it to you.

Fred Jackson
C36 #2209  "Amante"
Homeport:  Sarnia, Ontario, Canada

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

sail4dale

followed up the warning and by golly my bracket was cracked :thumb:

This web site is VALUABLE  :clap

Dale
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

Norris Johnson

Yeah, mine was cracked also. I've already received my replacement. Haven't installed it yet. I'll have a window for that project when I change my oil, filter, and fuel filter next week.
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

John Sheehan

Our engine has 400 hours and the bracket was cracked half way.  They sent the new bracket and it is installed now.  Some of the 350's also have this problem.  Sea Shell 2003 #1642

John Sheehan
Sea Shell
2003 MKII  # 1642
Gulf Breeze, FL