Puget Sound Gel Coat repairs

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Thinking about having the transom redone. Any recomendations for gel coat repairs in the Puget Sound?
Doug
Noeta
1987 C34
Gig Harbor, Washington

Susan Ray

Noticed you haven't received a response to your query. I suggest going to the nearest Chandler and ask around. What kind of damage do you have?  West has small kits to DIY if there isn't too much damage. Good luck. Susan
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

captran

Well, Anacortes may be too far to go, but Skyline Marina last year did an absoulutely beautiful job on Voyagers gel coat.  There were some terrible looking scratches from Hurricane Francis.  The boat looks brand new, better than it did pre hurricane.  I could not have been more pleased with the results. (and I am very picky!)
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

td

I was reluctant to reply because of the time that has passed since the incident.  But about 4 years ago "Peregrine" was hit by another sailboat while sitting in her berth.  The result was a nasty 1/4'' deep by 4'' long gouge in the transom along the edge than begins the reverse.   

I took the boat over to Seaview West at Shileshole to have it repaired.  After almost 4 years I still cannot see the difference between the repaired and non repaired areas.   I have keep the area waxed to help slow the effects of UV on the gelcote but I am sure I will eventual be able to see the repaired areas.  I am impressed because the match was good enough to last this long.

As mentioned, I cannot give a whole hearted endorsement because of the passage of time but you may want to give them consideration.
td
Peregrine
#543, 1987