engine mounts

Previous topic - Next topic

La Luna

Quote from: RonDan : I've got K50's on the front and K75's on the rear.  If I were you I'd go for K75's as I don't think Vetus will split a set of 4.  

On the Drippless packing - The Goretex is NO CONTEST over the West Marine green goop.  I'm one of the few people that have used both and the Goretex is SUPER, much easier to install and lasts longer.   :thumb:

Thanks Ron,

When I go to the website for Vetus they indicate as priced "each"; are they normally supplied in sets??  In Vancouver CA I was quoted $100 ea, meaning $400 for the set.  If you know of a more reasonable vendor, I am all ears.  

As for the shaft packing, Gortex it is, I plan to quickly haul this fall, check the new paint, wash the hull and change the packing/zincs before putting her back in for the winter.  My goal is a winter dry bilge.  I plan to feed a tube from the base of the mast into a shower sump with a small pump to keep the rain at bay by pumping into the bilge line overboard.  I always wanted a dry bilge boat and I am amazed at the dryness of the C34.

Jeff Tancock

I'm in Victoria. I went on line and bought the mounts direct for huge savings. They happened to be on the "specials" page at that time....about US$30 each I think, Vancouver price was about CAN$100.
Jeff Tancock
Stray Cat #630
Victoria, BC
Canada
1988 25xp