Replacement Stantion(s)

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Smith

Tropical depression Allison suddenly and unexpectantly rekindled yesterday morning along the northwest Florida coast and a microburst heeled "Breezer" far enough over in her slip and into the dock to bend the midship stantion inward about 15 degrees! Does anybody know of a source for replacement(s)?

Aquakon

Saw your movie(s).  Love the costume.  But what's the S stand for?  Anyway, surf through some of the postings on this very discussion group; someone else proposed a similar problem & you'll like the consensus solution: bend it back.
 ...not that we're all a bunch of Brainiacs or anything...

Of course, even a superhero such as yourself will want to remove the stanchion from the deck before doing this.   And avoid contact with any Kryptonite, prior to bending, for God's sake, or was that ZOD's sake?

WIND DRAGON advocates this remedy and she wins races all the time.  Of course, her captain is a superhero, like you, so cheating might have something to do with all those wins.  Or is she just BENDING the rules?

Someone BOZO on this discussion asked about which sealant to use when reattaching the stanchion after straightening (didn't know Lifecaulk's the way to go - jeez, guess they'll sell a Catalina to anyone these days).

And finally, the Catalina Factory will gladly sell you a replacement stanchion.  Depending on which one you bent, they're not that expensive (relative to the theory [or has it been proven?]that BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand).

The one I inquired about replacing - I mean, this BOZO friend of mine who thought he would need to replace his after it was bent about 30 + degrees -was the port side forward gate stanchion: under $100 from factory.

So there you go.  Sift through all the tags on related subject headers and you'll get some incredible detail; like dimples on stainless steel & stuff like that.  And you can get the factory's parts ph# from their website.  OR, I could just include it here.  Yeah, let's do that: (818) 884-7700  FAX:  (818) 884-3810

You ARE the Leakest Wink!

Rumours of my Death Persist

Mike Smith

Ah, yes!  I remember Aquakon from the textbook for Psych 101 - a classic case!  Surprised he's still loose!  You can order stantions from Catalina Direct - just do a Google search.

Mike