Mystery water

Previous topic - Next topic

jpaulroberts

The prime directive is of course is keep the water out and make the boat go. I do have some mystery water every now and then. It oozes up under the floorboards between the galley and the aft cabin. I think it is coming down from the aft end of the space under the stove. I do not yet know how it gets there. I'm thinking either rain is getting in from somewhere and pooling someplace, or it is from over filling the water tanks and it comes in through a tank vent. It has only happened about four times in two years and it seems to have nothing to do with a rain storm. Like I said, maybe form water tank overflow, or power washing the deck....?

Anyone have this problem?

Jerry

Mark G

I was bedeviled by a similar problem in the locker under the seat in the aft cabin. It turned out to be condensation (ice) on the copper tubes for the refrigeration. It was worse in certain weather depending upon the refrigeration setting. Judging from the area, yours could be the same. Or maybe it's a hole in the bottom of your boat!

RJ Randall

I had a similar problem during a two week cruise to the Bahamas this spring.   A gallon or more of water under the floor board in the aft cabin.  Water under the floor board in front of the stove.  Water on the fiberglass shelf directly under the stove.  I had not seen this kind of standing water in the two plus years I've had the boat. I finally figured out it was coming from the ice box. I had it packed with quite a bit of ice on the trip and had not been pumping it out often enough. I believe the water was leaking out around the evaporator.

The floor board in the aft cabin was delaminated after being wet for so long during the trip.  I was able to save the veneer and recut and restored the floor board.  I keep the ice box pumped out to remove the water now.