Shower drain driving me crazy! How do you find the hose?

Previous topic - Next topic

sailingdolphin

I cant seem to find where the hose attaches to the drain itself. My shower drain works sometimes.  I put in a new pump.

Sometimes if I move the hose around it will work again.

any suggestions.  If the pump is not above the waterline will that make a difference?
Doug and Donna #171

Stu Jackson

Doug

Have you checked the check valve operation?  Many times the check valve gets clogged up with debris (i.e., hair, etc.) from the shower.  The check valve is located in the line from the shower sump underneath the head sink.  It's usually a black piece of plastic.  Harder to repair than to replace.  Ron hill suggested that we all place some screening over the shower drain with silicone sealant to keep larger pieces from going down the drain and clogging up the check valve.  The silicone allows you to remove the screen when it's worn and replace with a new piece.

A search on this board for shower drain found this:

http://www.c34.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1514&highlight=shower+drain
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

sailingdolphin

water pump. could that be the problem.  I only have the in-line filter I put in that comes with it. I don't believe I have the one way check valve  unless that is the something as the vent loop valve. Occasionally cleaning the in-line filter works but not all the time.

By the way disregard the email I sent you.  I just re-registered.

I have a few projects and now a digital camera I will finally make available soon.  Like the 11 gallon hot water heater in the same place as the old 6, some modification had to be done.  The culligan water filter and soap dispenser built into the sink.  Re-built the galley shelf to accommodate a microwave and 2 cupboards with teak doors. Being an 86' it only originally had a small shelf.

Also, I would recommend to get  the shutoff valve that swivels for the galley and head sink I got them at ACE. The swivel makes a big difference
Doug and Donna #171

Stu Jackson

We can't wait for the pictures.  Any chance you got ANY pictures of your earlier projects/  If not, now that you have a new digital camera (I know the drill, I put mine off for years and now wonder how I got along without it) please post some "after" flix.  Thanks and glad it's working.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."