Rear cabin "legroom"

Previous topic - Next topic

wind dancer

Might as well keep this thread alive!  :D

I'm 6'7 and my wife 5'8" - we sleep in the aft cabin, and as mentioned before it was a selling point for us in getting this boat.  We weren't buying a boat that didn't have a large aft berth.  That said, the berth is great for sleeping, but the moving around room is not so good.  We've been tempted to switch berths with the kids, but they are firmly entrenched in the v-berth and loving it.  The big problem for us is that my wife sleeps on the left side so she has to climb over me to get to the head in the middle of the night. 

We're considering covering the walk-in area and sleeping fore-aft, or maybe we'll see how set in our ways we are and switch sleeping sides.  :donno:  I'm still thrilled that I have a bunk I can stretch out on!
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

sail4dale

I'm 6'6" and my wife is 6'

We bought the Cat34 Mk II partly because it was the first boat that we we had that we fit in the forward berth.

No climbing over each other and it is long enough!   :clap

Kick the kids out and sleep forward on either side you want.   :sleepy:
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

wind dancer

Quote from: sail4dale on October 16, 2006, 05:32:04 PM
I'm 6'6" and my wife is 6'

We bought the Cat34 Mk II partly because it was the first boat that we we had that we fit in the forward berth.

No climbing over each other and it is long enough!   :clap

Kick the kids out and sleep forward on either side you want.   :sleepy:

Hehehehehe

I think that is exactly what will happen.  My wife mentioned doing just that last night. :D
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

Stephen Butler

We tried the aft cabin and now sleep exclusively in the forward cabin...more space, more headroom, and no climbing over one another for a late night run to the head.  The only "catch" is that if one keeps the v-berth insert in place, as we do, then one has to rotate quite a bit before rolling out of the berth.  To assist in this maneuver, we installed a couple of hand holds.  Suggest you relocate to the front of the boat.  Just a thought.
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023