Need speaker recommendation

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Krawford

Can anyone recommend a brand and source for cockpit speakers?  I'm specifically interested in ones with their own enclosure that can be hung from the stern rail.
Thanks.
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

Roc

Polyplanar is very good for being water resistant, especially where you intend to mount them under the seat.  They will have the possibility of getting alot of spray there.  That was my first choice for mounting the speakers, using the new Nav Pod that is specially designed for mounting the speaker under the rail seat.  But I decided not to put them there due to the potential of being sprayed with water while underway.  I mounted mine on the front face of the flip-up seats that access the aft lazarette.  The speakers I used were flush mount Polyplanar, about $65 for the pair.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Jim Price

I hung a couple of small West Marine speakers on Rail.  Used SS U-bolts for mounting and couple of thru-deck connectors for sires.  They don't have great bass due size but  plenty good enough for outside.  Waterproof, white, unobtrusive.  And not very expensive as compared to the larger better sounding units.  Works for me.   :appl
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Tim Brogan

Gotta recommend these NAVPOD speakers for under stern seat mounting.  I've purchased from these guys and was very happy with their price and service:

http://www.brokenlegdave.com/Manufacture/Polyplanar/navpod_deal.htm

I've also received positive feedback from other Catalina owners on the product, and the price from them.

Good Luck!

Tim Brogan

Ken Juul

Keep your eye on the West Marine/BUS flyers.  They usually have something on sale.   Stern Perch seats, rod holders, outboard, life ring, VHF antenna, Boat hook, my rails are about full.  Mounted mine in the side seat comings just forward of the wheel.  No one can sit there so the speakers are always clear.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA