Saying good-by to a great boat

Previous topic - Next topic

pklein

On September 5, 2004 we said good-by to "Andiamo" our GREAT 1989 C-34 #977. We sold her only because we decided a bigger 2001 Catalina 380 with RF Main and full electronics could possibly be better.

During our ten years of ownership this boat served us well and will continue to provide pleasure and pride to her new owner.  If you want to see what a great boat we had, look at the pictures on www.msnusers.com/andiamo

Catalina makes great boats and I have complete confidence that our new boat will be as safe and secure as Andiamo.  What we won't have with the 380 is this wonderful C-34 Discussion Group and Website.  

I can't begin to explain how much this C-34 site has helped us over the years with answering questions about maintenance, repairs and upgrades.  Another great asset has been the Tech Notes and the on line access.  However, I must admit that I never got around to improving the sink drains.  It seems that either the C-380's don't have any problems or opportunities for upgrades (hard to believe) or else the group is just not participating with sharing of ideas (more likely).  Whatever,  I encourage all who read this message board to use it.  Post your issues and provide your comments.  

We sold our C-34 in 12 days and I believe it was through the posting on this Website.  Sure, we had a beautiful and well maintained boat, but don't we all!  Using this site helped us 1) enjoy our boat, 2)maintain her resale value and 3) sell her easily.  I believe the C-34 has a great reputation and this Website will help current and future owners to maintain this status by sharing ideas and helping each other.

I wish you all fair winds and smooth seas.  If you see a C-380 with sail #314 on Lake Michigan, just think of her as a little girl who has grown up.

Phill & Maryjane Klein
EASY 2
8)

formerly

Roc

Phill & Maryjane,
Best wishes with the 380.  That's a fine boat!  There are a few 380's at our marina.  Glad you are staying in the Catalina family  :)  

Regards,
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

BillR

We just did the same after 15 years with our C-34 #957.  I hope both you and I enjoy our C380s as much as we have the 34.

Where are you keeping the 380?

Bill Russell
Houston