Coast to coast shipping of C-34

Previous topic - Next topic

capran

Hi All,

We were wondering what experiences C 34 owners have had shipping their boats.  We live in Washington and have been keeping Voyager in Florida for summers in the Bahamas.  Thinking about getting away from the hurricanes and have gotten one quote on shipping by truck.  Then heard about wet shipping.  Has anybody had experience with them.  This is their web site:  http://www.yacht-transport.com/index.php.  Any and all input appreciated.

Stu Jackson

capran

You may want to consider widening your audience.  I don't recall a lot of C34s being moved save Jim Moe's and few others.

I recommend using www.catalinaowners.com and some other lists, since more the wider the audience, the more people may have had the experience that you are looking for.

Good luck,
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

captran

Thanks, Stu.  I posted it in general.  Although, heck, it may be a moot point.  Looking like Fransis is going to have a direct hit on Ft Pierce, altho they have  changed the track.  We'll know Sat. for sure.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Stu Jackson

captran

Good luck, I've got my toes crossed that the sob moves away from you.

Keep us posted if you still have services.

and we look forward to you coming west (young man!!! :) ).
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."