water system blow out

Previous topic - Next topic

patrick

Yesterday the water system started leaking.  It is leaking at a black Shurflo valve that is positioned in the cold water line going to the water heater.  I believe this to be a check valve to prevent the hot water from flowing back in the water line.  However looking at the Shurflo web page it looks just like what they call an inline strainer.
Has anyone else lost this valve and if so what was the replacement?

Thank You
hull #521 198811

PAUL T.

Patrick........ It sounds like it is the check valve, the strainer has a clear filter with a mesh screen inside. I had to replace my check valve. It is a standard part you can get at  West Marine . Just be sure to install it with the arrow going in the correct direction......... PAUL

APACHE

Patrick : It's a one way check valve.
If you have a MKI C34 you have two other check valves like that one .  One on the fridge drain and another on the shower drain.  Look in a Marine supply (Other than West) and you should be able to find one.  If all else fails call Catalina.

I've written a number of articles and posts on taking that valve apart, cleaning it out and reversing the diaphragm. :wink:

hdevera

Patrick,

I had to replace my plastic check valve.  It blew out.  I replaced it with a metal valve I got from west marine.  This valve has not broken, but I still have the hose connection to the valve come apart occassionally.  I have tightened the hose connection several times and it still comes apart.  There most be a lot of pressure building up on the water heater side.  It only happens when the 110v water heater is on.