Hump hose length

Previous topic - Next topic

Roc

Hello All.. :)
I called Catalina parts and asked them about buying a hump hose for my C34MkII.  I measured the distance from the muffler to the elbow.  It's not a straight shot, there is a bend.  The total distance (by measuring along the bend) is about 16".  Catalina parts said they only stock one that is 8" long, and they only put it in 36's.  I thought Catalina got special hoses from Trident that are longer and will fit the longer distance for the 34???  I told this to Kent in the Tech Dept. and he is not aware of the longer hose.

Does anyone have any other info about this?? :confused:

Thanks!
Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Stu Jackson

Hump Hose Length

Roc

That's very weird.  I didn't know there was 16 inches available in that tight little space.

In all the discussions about this (see: http://c34.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=search&s=329609511&reqWords=hump+hose), we've never experienced anything like that distance.

When I did mine I had to cut off a little bit of the new hump hose to make it fit. (I cut a little at each end to keep the hump in the middle.)

How can the distance between the top of the water lift muffler and the bottom of the exhaust riser be more than a foot?  (I know, I know, you said it WAS, but...)  

The underside of the head sink horizontal surface limits the vertical distance that the riser can go, and the lip of the water lift muffler is way off the bottom of the hull.

Only thing I can think of is:  can you move the exhaust riser?  Could it be loose at the manifold end and maybe bent UPwards a bit?  

If you read my post about it (above, in the "...and vented loop" post), I mentioned that my [old & original] riser was loose in the manifold.  That was before I replaced it (the riser) and well after I wrote that post.

You maybe could try seeing if it moves.

Sorry I can't help any more on this, but the dimensions are really baffling to me.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ted Pounds

Roc,

I think you may be measuring more than just the hose.  Maybe you're measuring the exhaust pipe too??  Just a thought....

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Roc

I'll double check when I'm at the boat this weekend, but I measured the actual length of the hose, from clamp to clamp.  From the aqualift muffler to the elbow.  Don't know how far the tube goes into the hose.  Maybe things are closer on your MkI??

Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD