Dorade size

Previous topic - Next topic

rappareems

I know I could probably find this somewhere, but then I would deprive Ron Hill the pleasure of telling me ;-)  What is the diameter of the dorades on a 1986 vintage C34?  Thanks.
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Stu Jackson

Ron's out on his boat.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

dave davis

The Dorade is made up of three sections on my 1988 model. I think you might mean the air funnel section that most boats sooner or later seem to need because it is a lousy design. It  sticks up so far and it gets wiped out by the jib sheet during a jybe.
When I get to the boat this Sat. I will measure the base diam. and let you know the size.
In the meantime, try this big improvenent. You may like it, I sure do.
Remove the screws that hold down the tapered plastic section which the funnel screws into. You will notice that there is a nice looking stainless steel cover that has a low profile and looks much nicer in my opinion. You will never have to clean the vynle air scoop again.At the same time look at the bug screen and the rubber seal. If your boat is 1986, you may need to clean or repair them.
Good Luck
Dave Davis San Francisco, 707, Wind Dragon, 1988, South Beach

Mike and Theresa Vaccaro

Our '88, Hull 563 has Vetus brand dorades.  They currently make three plastic models, one of which is a direct replacement.  Check out their website at www.vetus.com for details and dimensions.  You'll have to inquire with the company if you need component parts.  A complete replacement (all parts) is 99 dollars if you order directly from Vetus.

There are lots of ventilation options, and you may consider changing the profile of the dorade, or even replacing it with a solar powered vent.  From an efficiency/bang-for-the-buck/simplicity standpoint, it's hard to beat a couple of old-fashioned dorade vents though!

Cheers,

Mike

Steve S.

Mark, Been through this already.  In the vetus catalog, you want to buy the T (Tom) series.
Steve S.
Hull 548
Kuching Ayer
Chesapeake Bay

rappareems

Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

rappareems

Guys,

Google search did not yield anything on a vetus dorade search, any suggestions as to finding a catalog?
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Steve S.

If you go to the Vetus site www.vetus.com, they only sell the stainless steel cowls, but if you want vinyl, go to Great Lakes Marine  I think I paid about $89 for each, but that was two years ago.
Steve S.
Hull 548
Kuching Ayer
Chesapeake Bay

tandm

Their catalog is online at http://www.vetus.com/.  Click on English, catalog and then ventilators. They appear to have both stainless and pvc. listed.

Correction:
  Click on United State (not English.)