Paint color match for white Formica

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulfsailor

Installing an AC system under the v berth and built a plenum out of pine that will sit on top of the starboard vberth hanging locker. I've tried staining the pine to remotely match the surrounding teak but cannot come close.

Next phase is to match the color of the white Formica that it will sit on and pain it that color. Any idea what color matches? I've read antique white...

Thanks in advance.
1998 C34 MK II
(Hull 1378)
New Port Richey, FL

"The difference between a sailboat and a powerboat? On a powerboat you rush to get somewhere. On a sailboat, you're already there."

Noah

One company's "Antique White" is another's "Off White". Paint color names vary by brands. I would recommend going to a paint store or big box store and grab some chip samples and bring them to your boat's Formica to get a somewhat close match. The actual paint may very from the sample but you will be closer using that approach instead just relying on a color name.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

The only other suggestion I have to Noah's would be to take the drop leaf galley counter extension off and have the formica color matched at a good paint shop (not a big box store).  That will be the same formica and is at least relatively easy to remove from the boat.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

I like Alex's idea of bringing Formica to paint store. Perhaps remove one of your galley sliding door panels of fridge lid?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig