M35 kabota equivelent parts manual?

Previous topic - Next topic

waughoo

So I am planning new glow plugs and a valve lash adjustment and was figuring these are kabota parts.  In looking at the tech wiki, there isn't a kabota equivelent for the M35 (not B or BC).  Any chance anyone has a resource for this?  Or... can show me the error in my ways when looking in the tech wiki?
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

waughoo

You must have been doing that as I was reading your post.  I went and looked and couldn't see it and came back to look for more detail and you had edited your post!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

waughoo

Ken,

Just started flipping through the Kabota parts manual you just uploaded and am a bit confused as the front cover shown in the parts manual looks like that from the M35B (I think... see attached photo).  Thoughts?

***edit***

I believe I may have sorted out my own confusion, but would love to have your confirmation Ken. It appears the m35 and m35B use the same Kabota 1305 block, thus the parts manual for the "kabota cousin" for the m35 and m35B will be the same.  The difference in the B designation is from the marinization from Universal correct? 

Also, it appears that the valve covers are not the same between the universal and the Kubota (although that is me comparing photos).  Have you noticed that in your experience Ken?
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

KWKloeber

Alex

I have totally mucked up this. :oops:

I had posted the manual for the M35B and said it was for the M35.  I lost my mind -- I took down that link pending me locating the correct manual for the Kubota V1200 block (M35/35A cousin).

Stand done until I get the correct manual
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

waughoo

Thanks Ken... I just found the following post (See attached screen shot) and came here to post it as another data point.  Thanks for the continued assistance.  I will stand by for further updates. 
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

KWKloeber

Hey Alex

Apologies for that confusion. :oops:

What messed me up is that Universal lists different GPs for the M-25/XP vs the M-35/35A.

I always understood that the plugs were "universal" (between the older Universals.) 
And they are indeed universal.

I have no clue why Universal has two numbers, except it may be a legacy from (if) Kubota changed part numbers between the M-25 and M-35 years (or so that Universal can charge M-35/35A owners $10 more.)

I uploaded the Kubota V1200 parts manual (M-35/35A) to the Wiki for your reading pleasure.

The GPs for the M-35/35A/35A(C); M-25/XP/XPA/XPA(C); M-40 & etc. non-B engines are:
Kubota 15951-65512 or NGK 2031 Y-103V
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

waughoo

Thanks so much for all the work to sort it out Ken.  I very much appreciate it.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

KWKloeber

:oops: Awwww shucks Alex.
I didn't have anything else to do at 3am anyway. 8)

I tend to upload manuals only if we 30-ers use them.

Have a great weekend.