Port lens replacements

Previous topic - Next topic

George Fogel

I'm interested in replacing the port lenses on my 1988 C34. They measure like an eighth larger than 5 x 12 inches.  I'm not sure of the make on these ports. (another project I thought would be simple) is there a way to find out who the manufacturer was? And can someone suggest where I might find replacements?

Stu Jackson

They are Beckson 5 x 12 if you mean the ones in your cockpit.  Beckson is still in business, Google is your friend.  The 101 Topics has some replacement tips&tricks. 

If the ones on your cabin, those six, an 88 boat could have either Beckson or Lewmar.  If they look like the cockpit ports they're Beckson, if with silver lens trim, they're not.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

George : The 1988 C34s have Beckson opening ports in the aft cabin and Lewmar opening ports in the main salon & Vberth.  The best price (I found) is from Defender!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

robertr0816

Are the lewmar ports size 0on a 88 C34? I have a few i have to change as well. Do we have a list of all ports sizes?
Luna llena 1988 C34#777 Long island Sound

Ron Hill

Guys : A few years back I found that Defender had replacement Lewmar lenses and gaskets for my 1988 C34.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

WBev

I found CD to have a better price last year than Defender.  I did all my Lewmars.  I used the "upgrade" version, which are a little thicker and matched perfectly.  I believe they came with new O rings as well.  If not, get them as they ended up being the leaking point due to dry-rot. 
The Lewmar site, and CD, advises remove and re-grease (lithium) annually.  I don't know anyone who does that to the o-rings. 

The new lenses look great, crystal clear. 

Perfectly Imperfect
2019 C-355 WK