Sourcing a New Temperature Gage

Previous topic - Next topic

KeelsonGraham

Hi all,

My engine temperature gage has stopped working. I'll shortly run through all the tests for the gage itself and the sender. However, in the event that the gage itself is faulty, does anyone know where I might be able to buy a replacement Teleflex one? Catalina Direct don't have them in stock due to 'supply issues' and I can't see the same type listed on the West Marine website.

Alternatively, is there such a thing as a Seatalk NG compatible sender for the M35?
2006 Catalina 34 Mk II. Hull No:1752. Engine: M35 BC.

mark_53

Pull it out an you can likely match it up with something on Amazon.

Ron Hill

Keel : Measure the hole size needed and then go on line.  I'm sure that all Temp instruments all have the same 2 wire connections. Just look for the temperature scale you want!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

@Keel

Is it the black-bezel, domed-face, gauge?  If so it's the Teleflex (now Sierra) Premier Pro Black Sierra item #62729P

Just google it -- Great Lakes Skipper and other sources have it in stock.

If you don't care whether it exactly matches you can replace it with a Faria temp gauge but will need to buy the matching temp sender (Faria uses a different standard -- Teleflex uses the "Stewart Warner" gauge standard.) 
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KeelsonGraham

Brilliant! Great info. Thanks guys.
2006 Catalina 34 Mk II. Hull No:1752. Engine: M35 BC.